February 2, 2011

You Know It's Bad When.... - February 1, 2011

Yikes! You know it's bad when...the cupcakes stick to the paper baking cups, white chocolate ganache didn't do anything for them, and not even the frosting could salvage a decent compliment...and that's from the baker herself!

I was trying to change up a strawberry cupcake recipe by substituting blackberries for the strawberries in the recipe. Oh noooooo. BLECH! Can you say NASTY??? I did, that's right, 100% nastiness. I wouldn't feed those things to anyone's dog. They need a Mr. Yuck sticker.

In all fairness it could very well have been my own fault. I halved the recipe since I wasn't sure how it was going to turn out and I didn't want to make a bunch of cupcakes that no one would eat. I'm wondering if maybe some of my division on the measurements weren't correct.

No comments:

Post a Comment