January 1, 2011

Chai & Honey Cupcakes

I got a new cupcake "cookbook" if you will, on my birthday and decided to make one of the recipes for a get-together on New Year's Eve. They looked simple to make and I've always wanted to try making chai flavored cake. I used one of the new teas I bought at Teavana so I didn't have to use 3 servings worth, I only used 2 but brewed it according to the recipe directions.

Baking was a tad worrisome because there was some kind of liquid bubbling up out of the middle of every cupcake. I suspect it was part of the honey that was in the batter (the batter was very runny too.) I put them back in the oven and let them bake a couple minutes longer. That seemed to do the trick. I cooled them and then made the honey whipped cream topping right before we were to leave for the party. Transporting them "frosted" wouldn't have worked out too well so I finished them once we arrived. They looked and tasted really good!

3 comments:

  1. The color in this photo is a bit "off" but I just didn't have the patience to fix it tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would say they look yummy but you know my feelings on Chai, lol. Loving the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Maria! If I can keep up with this I think I just might actually ENJOY IT! Of course there will no doubt be many questions on why I can't make this silly thing work and you might be sorry I started it!

    ReplyDelete